gEDA-user: hierarchy in gschem

Hi y'all,

I'm wanting to do a hierarchy of schematics to double check a system design with boards connected by flat flex cables, and I only found reference to pinlabel so far. If I have the pinlabel attribute on my symbol and matching netnames in my schematic, is that all that is needed to get a gnetlist of a hierarchy to work right?

For instance a system level schematic has brd1.sym, cable.sym and brd2.sym, and all have pinlabels that line up. Inside brd1.sch there are 3 connectors and the cable only connects to J2 with pins 1 to 20. brd1.sym has as many pins as the three connectors, but no delineation of connectors, just pin numbers and the pinlabel attribs. Say cable has the pin numbers from 11 to 30.

Will it gnetlist so all the cable names as pinlabels line up with the .sch names as netnames?

John G