Re: gEDA-user: challenge board ALMOST works

John Luciani wrote:
On 9/12/06, Dan McMahill <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
al davis wrote:
> On Tuesday 12 September 2006 22:32, Dan McMahill wrote:
>>  Some TV's used injection locking
>> for some of the sync circuits.
>
> All of them, back in the tube days.

Oh, and I forgot one which John should appreciate.  Isn't the pitch
oscillator on a theremin usually tuned to injection lock when you move
away from the pitch antenna?  I could be wrong about this one.

To be able to play low notes I believe you want to avoid locking since when you lock the output of the mixer will be at 0Hz.

I thought they were supposed to injection lock at the very low end to avoid a wierd tone when you're away from it and also to help avoid wrapping back to higher pitches as you move further away. I'll have to dig out my theremin folder if I can find it. Of course you've built one and I haven't which counts for a lot!

-Dan