Re: gEDA-user: Re: ceramic capacitor footprints

On 9/18/06, Kai-Martin Knaak <kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You may take one of the generic footprints. e.g. 0805_*, 1206_*, etc.

However, there are dedicated capacitor footprints in the m4 lib.
Run pcb, and choose from the library window:
 ( Window - Library- pcblib- ~generic, Capacitor* )

I prefer to convert m4 footprints to newlib format, rather than deal with
the necessary parameters. This is how I do the conversion: Import one of
them to he pcb drawing area, copy the footprint to buffer and save it as
an element to my local pcb library.

Hope, that helps,

Thanks. I am trying a thru-hole part. I will try to look around if one is available, else I will try to generate one.

--
 Ramakrishnan - VU3RDD