gEDA-user: Re: ceramic capacitor footprints

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 18:31:41 +0530, Ramakrishnan Muthukrishnan wrote:

> I am trying to locate footprints for ceramic capacitors. I couldn't find
> any in the gedasymbols.org and also in the m4 and newlib directories.

You may take one of the generic footprints. e.g. 0805_*, 1206_*, etc.

However, there are dedicated capacitor footprints in the m4 lib.
Run pcb, and choose from the library window:
 ( Window - Library- pcblib- ~generic, Capacitor* )

I prefer to convert m4 footprints to newlib format, rather than deal with
the necessary parameters. This is how I do the conversion: Import one of
them to he pcb drawing area, copy the footprint to buffer and save it as
an element to my local pcb library.

Hope, that helps,

---<(kaimartin)>---
--