Re: gEDA-user: PCB a bad name ?

Hugo Elias wrote:
Hi all,

Has anyone wondered if "Pcb" might not be the best name
for this program?  Googling for "pcb"  brings up many more
irrelevant results than relevant ones.  It's only a little more
helpful than calling it "And".

Anyone got any thoughts or suggestions for a better name?

Hugo

I am having the same problem with PCB :) but it is not the only one... Siemens calls it's High power distributors "FACTS".. you find anything if you google for those.. or think of this one proxy server called "socks", it is a pretty common thing.

What usually works pretty well is the names of all the kde programs cause they usually come up with a spelling that no other human being on this earth would have come up with.

Would Gpcb for Gnome-PCB be a good idea ? but this would hide that it would also work with the arena widgets.... but something like this would increase the hit-rate in google and the like I think

ciao

   Florian