Re: gEDA-user: series terminators

After all that, I forgot to mention the line length. Rule of thumb: if the first reflection gets back to the driver before the driver has finished transitioning, then you probably don't have a problem, and you don't need termination. In your case, that's 12", or about 1ns. So, if your drivers have edge rates of ~1ns or faster, you may have a problem. Another rule of thumb: modern CMOS circuits which are designed to go 'fast-ish' (quick clock->out, so high slew rate drivers) probably have a slew rate in the range of 1.5 - 2.5ns. I don't know what chips you're using, but you probably don't have a problem.

Evan