Re: gEDA-user: Creating SMT element in PCB

http://www.gedasymbols.org/user/dj_delorie/tools/dilpad.html

> the pads, which I created using the rectangle tool.

No, use the line tool.

> But I don't want to be restricted to the four different line widths
> that PCB gives me;

You can change those widths on the fly; it doesn't affect the lines
already on the board.  The four are the four you can quickly choose
between, but you can change them all you want.