Re: gEDA-user: another I/O port idea

On 9/21/06, DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Been thinking about what it would take to convert to all 3.3v (outside the last stage I/O drivers) in the furnace project. I was thinking how hard it would be to get mosfets with a small enough Vgs for my last I/O port plan (Vgs would need to be less than 1v) when it occurred to me that I can use the high Vgs to my advantage.

Checking a few random mosfets, it looks like turn-on starts around
1.5v and really kicks in around 2v.  2v is more than half of 3.3v, we
just need a little more drop to keep the 1.5v above it also.  Consider
this schematic:

Why couldn't you replace the diodes with shorts and use BJT's rather than MOSFETs?

(* jcl *)

--
http://www.luciani.org