Re: gEDA-user: Verifying connections in PCB?

On 9/21/06, Stuart Brorson <sdb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
PCB gurus,

I am editing a PCB design I created some months ago.  I made some mods
to my schematic, re-ran gsch2pcb, imported the changes (both
footprints and netlist), put down teh new footprints and re-drew the
tracks.

Now I think I am done with the board.  With a new board PCB
will pop up a "routing complete" message when all connections are
made.  However, I am not getting that message, even though I see no
rats anywhere.

This happens to me all the time. There is usually a very tiny net (1) hidden under a pad or (2) under a track. If you moved parts between layers or deleted vias you can generate these tiny nets.

If you set your net color and background for a very high contrast you
should be able
to turn of all copper and silkscreen and find the tiny nets by zooming way out.

A command to place a big circle around all remaining nets would be real nice.

(* jcl *)

-- http://www.luciani.org