gEDA-user: mounting hardware footprints for PCB

So, for this project I'm doing, I wanted a footprint providing a hole for #4 hardware, with a pad that would clear the corners of a hex stand-off that is 1/4 inch across the flats.

Of course, being an Old Time Unix Programmer(TM), instead of creating a trivial 4-line text file with vi, before I could stop myself I had created a 300 line C program to generate footprints for hardware.

Example:

dave@shuttle:~/Dev/holeworks$ holeworks
<size>
  ddd - through hole of ddd mils
  mdd.d -- through hole of dd.d millimeters
  sN -- clearance hole for #N hardware where: N=0..12 or q for 1/4"
  msdd.d -- clearance hole for metric dd.d mm screw
<padspec> or <silkspec>
  nnn -- with pad of nnn mils diameter
  Hnnn -- with pad diameter clearing corner of hex nnn mils across flats
  Hnnn+dd -- clears corner of hex nnn mils across flats, plus dd mils
         additional clearance
  mnn.n, mhnn.n, mnn.n+dd.d -- metric version of above
<name> becomes element name string
example: holeworks s4 -ph250+5 "-n#4 hex standoff"

dave@shuttle:~/Dev/holeworks$ holeworks s4 -ph250+5 "-n#4 hex stand off"
Element (0x00000000 "#4 hex stand off" "" "" 200 200 0 100 0 100 0x00000000)
(
    Pin [0 0 29368 0 29368 12850 "screw" "1" 0x1]
)

So... my question for the group: Is this:
a) maybe useful
b) redundant, it already exists, you n00b!
c) producing poor and/or broken footprints, you n00b!
d) pointless

I think probably the most useful thing in it is the table of free-fit clearance holes for standard machine screw sizes.

Anyway, I can make this available under GPL if there is interest. I'm headed to the mountains for a few days, beyond internet, landline phone, and cell phone. So I'll catch up with feedback when I get back.

-dave