Re: gEDA-user: CPLDs and other high-density logic chips...

You can actually do without the binary only kernel modules. I use a GPL tool called xc3sprog to program my Xilinx fpga devices. Do a quick google and you'll find it. It only officially supports Spartan 3 devices but I was able to make it program a Virtex II Pro as well. Let me know if you need some help getting it set up.

-David Carr