Re: gEDA-user: Gschem printing style chang (20060123 to 20060906)

Hi,

Alessandro Baretta <a.baretta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

> The schematics printed with gschem used to have a very elegant and
polished
> style. Now, after having upgraded to the latest and greatest version, I
notice
> that graphic lines (including component symbols) are much lighter/thinner
than
> nets, thus degrading elegance and readability. The problem is not with the
nets
> being thick but with the lines being thin. Is there any way to revert to
the
> previous graphics style?

    This is my fault.  Can you send me a small example of where you see this
problem?  I tried to cover all the cases  like this when I rewrote the
postscript output.  (Private mail is okay.)  I promise to make the lines
right.

    What usually happens is that the line width that is stored internal to
gschem is set to '0' for the objects in question, so the line drawing code
has to substitute a value.  Unfortunately for your schematic, the values
seem to be inconsistent between the nets and the lines.  Having an example
would help me track down where the problem lies. (I must have missed this
case on my test schematic.)

     In your example, please include both the schematic _and_ the postscript
output, in case there are locale issues with the number printing.

Thanks,
Mike
                              Mike Jarabek
                                FPGA/ASIC Designer