Re: gEDA-user: CD driver permissions so GEDA can install

The document on teh web is a little old, and newer distros work
differently than they used to.  Here's what I recommend:

1.  Put the CD in.  The computer will automount it.
2.  unmount it manually (from the command line).  You may need to do this as root.
3.  mount the CD again, like this:

mount -o exec /dev/cdrom /media/cdrom

4.  Run the installer (with the log file flag set):

/media/cdrom/installer --log

when you run it, make sure you are sitting in a writable directory,
like your own home directory.  This is so that the log file can be
written.  (The log file is always written into your $CWD).

Stuart