Re: gEDA-user: Marketing gEDA - was - Re: Professional PCB help using geda?

Duncan Drennan wrote:

> Real or not, I would reckon that there is a perceived risk in adopting
> gEDA, even though in a lot of ways the risk is reduced (future
> support, openness, etc.) The more gEDA success stories there are at a
> *commercial* level, the lower the perceived risk will be. In what
> other ways could the perceived risk be reduced?

I think writing tutorials well is one good way.  Another is stories
about successful uses, put up on the gEDA website just like product
offerers do.

Maybe gEDA CAN be a product.  Short of the developers
attending lots of public meetings in suits, that is... :-)

JG

--
Ecosensory
tinyOS devel on:  ubuntu Linux;   tinyOS v2.0.2;   telosb ecosens1