Re: gEDA-user: Gerbv-2.0.1 for Windows released, but not working!

> A while back I looked at Gerbv as a possible tool for verifying XYRS
> files.  At the time I found that the windows version of this program
> did not work well enough to actually be useful.  I posted about this
> in the geda mailing list and someone there tried helping a bit, but I
> don't recall ever getting a version that worked.
>
> Is there a working version of Gerbv 2.0x for Windows?

Right now there is not a "working" version.

However, we are within days of releasing gerbv-2.1.0 for Linux.  I
assume that we will spin a Windows version shortly after that.

IIRC, your usability issue had to do with very slow rendering,
correct?  If that's the case, here are some notes:

*  I believe the guy doing the Windows binary is compiling against
Cairo-1.6 this time, so your problems might be solved by this newer
version of Cairo.

*  For some people gerbv runs just fine under Windows.  For others, it
is as slow as molassas on a winter day in Vermont.  This may have to
do with driver and/or chipset issues.  We would be interested in
hearing about your video chipset if you were indeed experiencing slow
rendering.

Cheers,

Stuart