Re: gEDA-user: Adding extra layer

> Anyway, memory is cheap.

Only for mainstream mass-market hardware.

Of course, that may be all gEDA cares about....

> If we lose users in order to save 1 K, or even 1 Meg of RAM, that
> doesn't make sense.

Depends.  To what extent is "more users" an overriding good?

In this particular case, I think the conclusion is correct.  I just
don't like the reasoning being advanced here.  (I would even more
prefer to see max-layers settable at startup time, but I daresay that
would be a substantially more intrusive change.)

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx