Re: gEDA-user: Free router support?

On Sep 19, 2008, at 4:50 PM, Stefan Salewski wrote:
>> PCB doesn't have a specctra interface, and has its own router
>
> I have pointed to this router-guy (I think Alfons Wirtz is his name)
> myself in this list long time ago. I think there are at least two
> problems with it: This guy has worked for a company designing routers,
> so ownership of rights is not fully clear. And it seems that only
> usage
> of the router is free, program and source code not.
>
> But router seems to work fine, it was used with KiCAD and Eagle.

   I've seen output from this router; it looks very nice.  It'd be
neat to have PCB be able to send layout data to freerouting.net, and
receive it when it's done, automatically.  I don't know if that's
practical or not, but it'd be a neat and useful piece of functionality.

              -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Port Charlotte, FL