Re: gEDA-user: Laser printer reports?

DJ Delorie wrote:
> If you mean for photofilm exposure, don't.  Toner doesn't block enough
> UV to do that, you need an inkjet.  In my case, my laserjet 2550N only
> provides two steps of UV blocking (er, it lets half the light through,
> think "decibels") where my inkjet's black ink provides eight steps
> (1/16 light gets through).  The film I'm using specs a two step
> variation for ideal exposure, so the variance on the film is the same
> as the blocking from the toner - not good enough.

Even forgetting about laser printers and considering just inkjet
printers, it's desirable knowing about models: I knew not every inkjet
is good for the purpose - I give for granted proper transparencies (for
inkjet printer) are used. Unfortunately what we require in order to have
success with the photofilm exposure method is something not required by
the ordinary user, so it seems if a printer is good in achieving "real
black" on transparencies, then that's a quality the manufacturer simply
got by chance, and not mentioned among the printer characteristics.

Then, what is your inkjet printer? ;-)

Thanks

A.