Re: gEDA-user: Error in Centroid Calculation

On Mon, 2008-09-29 at 09:35 -0400, John Luciani wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 9:28 AM, Peter Clifton <pcjc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Mon, 2008-09-29 at 09:13 -0400, John Luciani wrote:
>
> > Is that the stock 0805 footprint, or your own?
>
> My own.
>

> > Just wondering.. I have a lot of 0805 parts on the last board I sent for
> > manufacture (stock footprint). Not sure if the fab company used any of
> > the XY file directly or not - I know they did at least some of the PnP
> > machine programming by hand.
>
> Does your XY data look correct for your 0805 parts?

It seems to be correct in gerbv, although I have never figured out how
gerbv seems to guess the size of component box it previews the XY file
with. (Not read the source either though).

Gerbv draws a box approximately the right size for the component, and it
is placed correctly with the pads. The only buglet (and I'm probably
just not using the lastest gerbv here), is that vertically oriented
resistors are still drawn with a horizontal box.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,