Re: gEDA-user: Error in Centroid Calculation

On Mon, 2008-09-29 at 15:01 +0100, Peter Clifton wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-09-29 at 09:35 -0400, John Luciani wrote:

> > Does your XY data look correct for your 0805 parts?
>
> It seems to be correct in gerbv, although I have never figured out how
> gerbv seems to guess the size of component box it previews the XY file
> with. (Not read the source either though).
>
> Gerbv draws a box approximately the right size for the component, and it
> is placed correctly with the pads. The only buglet (and I'm probably
> just not using the lastest gerbv here), is that vertically oriented
> resistors are still drawn with a horizontal box.

Ok updated gerbv, and the boxes are now the right way around..

I also read the source code.. muchos black-magic happens parsing the XY
file. If it encounters a footprint like "[0-9]4", "e.g." 0805, it
interprets that as the box size on mils.

I guess that will fall down for those components with similar footprint
names, but defined in metric.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,