gEDA-user: Documentation for convert_sym README file

"Program name: convert_sym
Written by: Mike Jarabek
convert_sym takes ViewLogic Viewdraw schematic or symbol and outputs a
gschem compatible file. This utility should be considered a work in
progress. Be warned, this program has quite a few limitations. See the
README file in the utils/ directory for more info. This program is
written in C. There is also an awk version which is old and no longer
supported, however it is included in the distribution as reference."

I can not find the README file because I can't figure out which utils/
directory he is referring to.

Be nice I am new to this, my Viewdraw crashed and I am trying to see if
I can use gEDA gschem program to get at my schematics. But I can not
find the Documentation on my Ubuntu Linux Machine. It should be loaded
because convert_sym is there.

I have 2700 README files on my computer.

There is a /usr/share/doc/geda-utils/README.Debian file with one line:
This is alpha software. See www.geda.seul.org for further information.

Not much help.

There is only one file with the string convert_sym and that is the
executable file.

I do not know how to find the README. Can someone give me the full path
to the README for convert_sym?

--
Kipton Moravec AE5IB
"Always do right; this will gratify some people and astonish the rest."