[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
gFTP: gFTP 2.0.4 has been released
I am proud to announce that gFTP 2.0.4 has been released. You can
download it from my website at http://gftp.seul.org or via ftp at
ftp://ftp.seul.org/pub/gftp. Here is the CHANGELOG entry from 2.0.3 to
Changes from 2.0.3 to 2.0.4
* Removed all of the old ftp proxy code and added scripting to log into
your firewall. This makes it possible to log into ftp proxies not
previously supported. Note: You will have to reselect your proxy type if
you are upgrading from a previous version
* When transfering a file, if the remote site disconnects, gFTP can
automatically resume the transfer of the file where it last left off.
The maximum times that it will do this is the number you have your
connect retries set to.
* Fixed problem with auto-retry on connect.
* When downloading files, fixed problem with sometimes interpreting file
size wrong from ftp server.
* The return and delete keys now work again in the listboxes.
* Added option to send SITE command.
* Passwords can now not be saved in the config file. When you try to
connect to a bookmark that doesn't have a password set, it will prompt
you to enter a password
* When you add a new Bookmark, it will not save your password. If you want
your password to be stored in the config file automatically, you must go
to edit bookmarks, and edit that bookmark entry and add it there
* When you edit a remote file, it will now ask if you want to upload the
new file to the remote server
* If you right click on the local or remote listboxes, it will bring up a
menu with the items in the Local and Remote menu.
* Will now interpret UNIX and Mac style filenames that have spaces in them
* Fixed problem that if your view/edit program had arguments with it, the
program would not execute (ex: xterm -e vi)
* Changed behavior of the OpenURL button. Here is what will happen when
you click on the OpenURL button. If you are connected to a site, it will
disconnect from the site. If you aren't connected to a site, and you
have a hostname entered on the toolbar, it will connect to that host.
Otherwise it will bring up the OpenURL dialog
* Various other small bug fixes
If you have questions, please feel free to get ahold of me
Brian Masney <email@example.com>
gFTP-announce list, firstname.lastname@example.org