[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: [gftp] Problem with gftp
- To: gftp-users@xxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [gftp] Problem with gftp
- From: "Brian Masney" <masneyb@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 07:08:19 -0400
- Delivered-to: archiver@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: gftp-users-outgoing@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: gftp-users@xxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 07:08:26 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:sender :to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references :x-google-sender-auth; bh=r6//kXgDwflNmE9Y0yXCzhSl8kol0mlyycSVO2DZWaE=; b=aFXzieqMr/x4WzjJgwBnZMhkNhJoCZiyxTFi03ceIONymLK2+czTSixvxwr4XYTYAN WSFMA4nuXz7qBDGf6/yJEuVSw72aRBew1+emUaM0HegGUzHXnfxz7p4D4qBy720T0IXN i39DkVBB6GzdkU0r05BQTkj0WNrY3qShM0etg=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition :references:x-google-sender-auth; b=YFwYtGQECxO3WiZq9Tg+Qb6CWMl7txj2a30HbiOVRqZFvJg9RHXIAWOVPmfbK2FHLI KoovHp/VMEhbK1/+12E4/jnaG1PrRg/jAmzjhtWC7fIjNLI6+UED7t0yqK3n258wqiBu hFb7smn4LDyPNvRWTsTOsSGTHDccIWqICvXRE=
- In-reply-to: <Pine.LNX.4.64.0807021424360.24494@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- References: <Pine.LNX.4.64.0807021424360.24494@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: gftp-users@xxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-gftp-users@xxxxxxxx
Go to FTP->Preferences->FTP and disable Passive File Transfers. That
should fix the problem.
On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 2:33 AM, Bret Busby <bret@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I hope that this is the correct way to post to this list (the mailing list
> administration messages did not include that information), and I hope that
> this is the correct way to ask about problems using gftp.
> I have a number of web sites, and I have previously used gftp to upload
> files to my web sites, without any significant problems that I remember.
> I am currently using gFTP 2.0.18 running on Denian 4.0 Linux.
> In trying to access two of my web sites, today, using gftp, I got the
> following response:
> 230 User xxxxxxxx logged in.
> 215 UNIX Type: L8
> TYPE I
> 200 Type set to I
> 257 "/" is current directory.
> Loading directory listing / from server (LC_TIME=en_AU.UTF-8)
> 227 Entering Passive Mode (203,113,228,30,224,10).
> Cannot create a data connection: Connection refused
> Disconnecting from site
> I have contacted the ISP that hosts the web sites, and that ISP could not
> find anything in the logs, and, restarted the ftp daemon, but the problem
> I used the ftp comand line utility, and that worked without any problem, and
> I was able to upload the particular files that I sought to upload to one of
> my web sites.
> I do not know where the problem lies; whether it is within gftp (which would
> surprise me, as I do not remember having any problems in using gftp, in the
> past), at the ISP, or with the ISP that provides us with Internet access,
> or, with Debian Linux.
> Has anyone else experienced this prolem, and, does a known solution, exist?
> Thank you in anticiaption.
> Bret Busby
> West Australia
> "So once you do know what the question actually is,
> you'll know what the answer means."
> - Deep Thought,
> Chapter 28 of Book 1 of
> "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy:
> A Trilogy In Four Parts",
> written by Douglas Adams,
> published by Pan Books, 1992