[gftp] Problem with gftp

Hello.

I hope that this is the correct way to post to this list (the mailing list administration messages did not include that information), and I hope that this is the correct way to ask about problems using gftp.

I have a number of web sites, and I have previously used gftp to upload files to my web sites, without any significant problems that I remember.

I am currently using gFTP 2.0.18 running on Denian 4.0 Linux.

In trying to access two of my web sites, today, using gftp, I got the following response:

"
230 User xxxxxxxx logged in.
SYST

215 UNIX Type: L8
TYPE I

200 Type set to I
PWD

257 "/" is current directory.
PASV

227 Entering Passive Mode (203,113,228,30,224,10).
Cannot create a data connection: Connection refused
Disconnecting from site
"

I have contacted the ISP that hosts the web sites, and that ISP could not find anything in the logs, and, restarted the ftp daemon, but the problem continued.

I used the ftp comand line utility, and that worked without any problem, and I was able to upload the particular files that I sought to upload to one of my web sites.

I do not know where the problem lies; whether it is within gftp (which would surprise me, as I do not remember having any problems in using gftp, in the past), at the ISP, or with the ISP that provides us with Internet access, or, with Debian Linux.

Has anyone else experienced this prolem, and, does a known solution, exist?

Thank you in anticiaption.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale