[gftp] VMS (SSH protocol) directory change

Hello,

I am having problems to change directories with gFTP v. 2.0.18
connected to a VAX/VMS alpha cluster. It says permission denied and
disconnects although I have no problems under WinXP using Putty sftp
client or WS_FTP Professional. The permissions of the directories are
OK.

Here is the log:

FTP 2.0.18, Copyright (C) 1998-2003 Brian Masney <masneyb@xxxxxxxx>.
If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions about this
program, please feel free to email them to me. You can always find out
the latest news about gFTP from my website at http://www.gftp.org/
gFTP comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details, see the COPYING
file. This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; for details, see the COPYING file
Successfully changed local directory to /home/alex
Opening SSH connection to isisa.nd.rl.ac.uk
Running program ssh -e none -l ap06 -p 22 isisa.nd.rl.ac.uk -s sftp
3: Protocol Initialization
	 >> PUNCH Alpha VMS V7.3-2  on ISISA (THOTH) <<

Computer support: 01235 778822 (8822 internal), e-mail to
FBUITservicedesk@xxxxxxxx

* FTP access to ISIS is no longer available - you must use SCP or SFTP   *

* See   http://www.isis.rl.ac.uk/computing/connecting.htm   for details  *

ap06@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx's password:
2: Protocol version 2
Successfully logged into SSH server isisa.nd.rl.ac.uk
1: Realpath /user$disk/ap06
1: Filenames (1 entries)
Retrieving directory listing...
2: Open Directory /user$disk/000000/ap06
2: File handle
3: Read Directory
3: Filenames (21 entries)
4: Read Directory
4: EOF
5: Close
5: Open Directory
5: OK
6: Realpath /user$disk/000000/ap06/GEM.DIR;1
6: Failure

Thank you very much,
Alexander Pohl