Re: [gftp] gFTP 2.0.18pre1 (20040804)

Hello Brian, hello list,

* Brian Masney wrote on Sep/07/2004:
> I have a fix for this in CVS (and in http://www.gftp.org/gftp-test.tar.bz2).
> gftp did not know the ssh client was waiting for the password since gftp didn't
> know how to handle non-english messages from the ssh client. I am now passing
> the strings that I am looking for through gettext. You will need to edit the
> de.po and you will need to translate the following english strings to the
> proper German. They will have to match what the SSH client returns.
>
> "Enter passphrase for RSA key"
> "Enter passphrase for key '"
> "Password"
> "password"

Wow, cool. Even without having to change anything, I can log in now and I'm
one step further. Unfortunately it doesn't display the directory contents when
logged in. Looks possibly like a charset/locale issue. Could it have something
to do with my linux distribution now using de_DE.utf8 as a locale and doing
all sorts of stuff in utf8 natively?

Here's the log:
----
Lokales Verzeichnis erfolgreich nach /home/wagner gewechselt
Stelle SSH Verbindung mit login.server.uni-frankfurt.de her
Starte Programm: ssh -e none -l wagner -p 22 login.server.uni-frankfurt.de -s sftp
3: Protokollinitialisierung
3: Protokollversion 3
Erfolgreich mit SSH Server login.server.uni-frankfurt.de verbunden
1: Tatsächlicher Pfad /home/stud/wagner
1: Filenames (1 entries)
Empfange Verzeichnisliste...
2: Öffne Verzeichnis /home/stud/wagner
2: File handle
3: Lese Verzeichnis
3: Filenames (16 entries)
4:  Schließen
4: Öffne Verzeichnis  !you !X(
4: OK
----

After "Protokollversion 3" it says it connected successfully :)

But then the remote file list remains empty (in a login done by a bookmark pointing
to a different remote dir on the same server, it said Filenames (20 entries)
and then stopped without displaying anything). Even when I navigate in the
directories (i can always only go to the parent directory), the display stays
empty.

(In the pre-last line, there's actually a capitalized !Y and then a very weird
char. The !X( is there, however.)

Any idea what this is and where I should try to tackle it? Or what kind of
information I should provide additionally? (I'm no programmer, so I'm not sure
how helpful I really am.)

Thanks a lot for your looking after my problem already now.

Andreas

--
Linux: Because rebooting is for adding new hardware.

--
My Public PGP Keys:
1024 Bit DH/DSS: 0x869F81BA