Re: [gftp] gFTP not connecting after OS upgrade

More information:

When I checked the box for use ssh-askpass utility I got an additional message:

(gnome-ssh-askpass:11045): Gtk-WARNING **: Can not open Input Method module file '/etc/gtk-2.0/gtk.immodules': No such file or directory
Permission denied, please try again.

This file does exist on the server with permissions of 644. Does gftp expect something else?

TIA for any help.

Joseph Polanik

Joe Polanik wrote:
I had been using gFTP (ver ?) successfully on RH 7.3. After upgrading to RH 9.0 and gFTP 2.0.14, I'm getting the following error message whenever I try to connect.

Opening SSH connection to alicec
Running program /usr/bin/ssh -e none -l jpolanik -p 22 alicec "echo -n xsftp ; sftp-server"
jpolanik@alicec's password:
xsftp
3: Protocol Initialization
Error: Message size 1650553704 too big from server
Disconnecting from site alicec
Received wrong response from server, disconnecting

Note: I've been able to connect using the command line (ssh and sftp) so the problem is not with the server.

Joseph Polanik