From: Laurent HIVON <laurent.hivon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Cyril Brulebois <cyril.brulebois@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Some suggestions
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 15:48:10 +0200

Hi

I am a new user of GraphThing and a french math teacher as well.  So,
you know now that english language is not my favorite game ;=)

I will try to make some propositions for further releases of my new
favorite graph-software.

I work with Windows XP.

For instance, I use GraphThing at home, but it would be nice to use it
with my pupils, and make them use it by themselves.

Here are some propositions :

- more icons in the tool bar to access to Labels, Weights, Flow, Find,
  Properties, Statistics.... more easily

Would it be possible :

- to change fonts (size, colors...) of labels, weights and Flows
- to moove the whole graph on the age (using the Ctrl key for example)
- to export a graph into a gif or png file for example,
- to change the background color,
- to display the adjency matrix like a "real matrix" and to export it
  into a gif or png file for example,
- to display the whole statistics into a separate window,
- to use non integer weights,
- to see the "probabilistic matrix" as we say in french of the graph.
  This matrix is nearly the same than the adjency one, but its
  coefficients are the weights of the edges,
- to calculate A×M^n where M is the "probabilistic matrix", n is an
  integer, A the line matrix called "initial state matrix" in french,
-  and n an integer
- to get more than one edge from a vertex to another,
- to draw an edge from a vertex to the same one,
- to run the Dijkstra algorithm step by step on the graph and the
  results table

Some problems :
- the french accents of course,
- A problem is after you changed the labels of the vertexes, when you
  display the degree sequence, you cannot know which vertex is which,
- when the exponent of the adjency matrix is high, it seems they are
  some problems, because the values become negative
- and when [... missing sentence...]

Last but not least, and I am sorry to propose this : It would be so nice
to run GraphThink on line as a java applet.  Something like :

www.geogebra.at

I prepare a small french documentation for french pupils who wants to
use GraphThink at home.

Thank you very much for your work

Laurent HIVON
Chartres