Re: SEUL: Re: Proposal for using a single mailing list [was Re: Oneend-user distribution?]

On Sat, 10 Apr 1999, Michel Stam wrote:

> But has it been completed already ?

YES ! it's a Beta release, but you can download it and run it. In fact
some people already have.

The next release will essentially be a bugfix
release , with a few end user apps added, and should  go on CD .

At the moment, our aim is to stay 100% compatible with Redhat because they
( and their variants ) , as well as their package format are more or less
ubiquitous. So our primary goal is to be binary compatible with RH even if
that means we aren't binary compatible with Laet or LED. Of course, if
these guys are also binary compatible with Redhat, they'll be compatible
with us ( just as mandrake are )

We are interested in using any good software we see in the other distros,
and also urge other distribution projects to take a look the list of
software we add to Redhat, and seriously consider adding it to their
projects.