Re: Newbie needs cheap cds

> > There's also a CD exchange, where you just pay for the
> postage here:
> > http://visar.csustan.edu/giveaway.html

I don't think it is a good idea except for really starving students.
Linux started as a system for _very_ tough people so the older it is
the harder it is.  In addition the older it is the fewer drivers it
has.  And before June 96 you had to do things like recompiling the
kernel in order to get rid of uneeded stuff.

> > So no more excuses about it being too expensive.  ;)
> > And the truth is, you need a bigger hard drive and they're
> pretty cheap now
> > anyways.
>
> Hey, maybe someone will swap me a hard drive for some of
> these old CD's I have laying around here. Coupla' MSWorks,
> an Encarta '95, and a Windows 95 beta, oughta do it... When

A Windows 95 beta?  Are you speaking of Windows 98?  :-)

> I think of all the money I've spent on software over the
> past 15 years, sheesh!

Last Christmas after being unable to find a recent scanner supported
in Linux I bought a 10G IBM hard disk for 200$.  That is depite 20%
VAT tax and the fact equipment is more expensive here.

--
			Jean Francois Martinez

http://www.independence.seul.org