Re: I want to try to make an Indy CD!

> Indy, as far as I know, seems to be a kind of "patched" RedHat 5.2.
> I've got RedHat 5.2 and the differential directory (thanks Jean
> François),

Of course it is a patched RedHat.  This was stated in the announce.

> and I want to try to make a bootable Indy CD.

First you make a directory and unpacke the two tgzs under it (I don't
remebeer if I included the dosutils and docs into one of them).  Then
under the subdir Indpendence make an RPMS directory.  Copy all the
RPMS od RedHat under it.  Then copy those if Indy.  Final task will be
to eleminate duplcates.  You can list them by changing to the RPMS
directory and:
rpm -q --queryformat "%{NAME}\n" *rpm | sort | uniq -d

What you will get will not be Indy exactly because it will not contain
the RedHat bugfixes and updates (eg XFree will be 3.3.2) but it will
be usable.

Also under images you will find a boot.img who is an image of a
bootable floppy.

In addition copy the dosutils and doc directory from the RedHat CD and
you are done.

--
			Jean Francois Martinez

http://www.independence.seul.org