about lpe

Someone requested comments on lpe a little while back as a possible replacement
for vi that was more like edit.com. I think it can be that, if it can compiled
as a static binary without the slang libs. I don't konw how to do that.

lpe is only  96493, /bin/vi is 437428 (I suppose vi can be compiled to fill
less)

In screen.c from line 138 I've changed this:

/* Draw the banner at the bottom of the screen */
static void draw_banner(buffer *buf)
{
    char banner[1024];

    int namelen;

    memset(banner, '-', SLtt_Screen_Cols);
    if (buf->rdonly) banner[7] = '%';
    if (buf->modified) banner[7] = '*';
    memcpy(banner + 2, "Indie", 5);
    memcpy(banner + 10, buf->name, (namelen = strlen(buf->name)));
    memcpy(banner + 24, "press Ctrl-X to save and exit, Ctrl-C aborts", 44);

It's also quite easy to make locale, but I guess it's not a good idea on a
rescue disc.

It must be compiled with --enable-delkludge for the backspace key to work.
Unfortunatly it deletes the 'wrong' way, as usual in Linux :-(

--
mvh/best regards
Birger Langkjer