Re: I'm back

jfm2@club-internet.fr wrote:

> I'm back.  I'm alive.  Barely: the return trip was horrendous.
>
> I see there has been a big change with our departure from dunadan.
>
> I'm reading the mail I received during thesethree weeks.
>
> Two points: we will have to advertise our change of location for the
> web site in Linux-Announces and the other point is move the HTML
> hierarchy under the new URL.
>
> And now a thing I have read on a French magazine (but it is
> unconfirmed): it seems there is a company who is thinking in porting
> an RDBMS of them to Linux.  That company is called IBM (yes the men in
> blue).  Who would have thought that one year ago?

See below for my new Sig :)

Wonders will never seaze.  IBM is a little late however since infomix
"just typed 'make'". and started selling / giving away infomix SE for
Linux and now has Linux programers on staff for porting other stuff.

Oracle has "Oracle Vaporware for Linux" ( due in december ) so the IBM
Port will simply seal the DB "ring of fire" around NT.

BTW : DB2 is already ported according to 4 different people@ibm.com and
they are mearly waiting for the Marketing people to decide weather it's
worthwhile to try and sell this.

--
"So let me get this straight," one IBM lawyer said.
"We're doing a deal with . . . a Web site?"