Re: shared file

Roberto Alsina wrote:

> On Mon, 3 Aug 1998, Donovan Rebbechi wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 3 Aug 1998, Stephanie Lockwood wrote:
> >
> > > I propose that an in-depth article for the users comparing Gnome and KDE
> >
> > I am not sure that this is a good idea.
>
> Me neither. Even if I have confidence that KDE won't do bad in such a
> comparison, it is a SURE way to piss people. Specially after some smart
> guy posts the URL to slashdot.org :-(

I am actually writing a HOWTO on making KDE and Gnome live happily on
your
desktop.  Many people mistakenly believe that installing Gnome will kill
KRN and that installing KDE will Kill the Gimp.

Sure it makes little to no sense but there needs to be a document that
flatly debunks this and many other Desktop war myths.

Besides such a thing would probably increase independence traffic to the
point where we could advertise for VAReserch and earn a 9 Gig SCSI for
the SEUL server :)
--
"So let me get this straight," one IBM lawyer said.
"We're doing a deal with . . . a Web site?"