Re: Translation

 On 7 Aug 1998 jfm2@club-internet.fr wrote:

[ snip ]

I know it seems odd to reply to a subject line, but I have been
thinking about something for some time :

You might be aware that rpm now has multi-lingual support. That is,
you can put in descriptions in several languages. The main point is the
site uses package descriptions as the main info source. So it  could be
useful for Foreign language sites.

A good start would be if you could put French descriptions in the
packages. Also, if we can get a German translater who we can just send our
descriptions to for translation prior to packaging , that would be good.

Another possibly more modest ambition would be to have people simply write
foreign language versions of the readme.html files, that way we'd only
need one piece per page.

Translating the descriptions would be a good project to start some non
technical people on.

Anyway, starting translating everything at once is too daunting, and
no one would do it. So instead, better we start small and ask around
if people can translate the descriptions for the KDE/gnome packages.

--
Donovan Rebbechi <elflord@pegasus.rutgers.edu>
http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/