Re: Translation

For the KDE packages, I'm sure that if you send the text to coolo@kde.org
you will soon get about 20 translations of it.

On Fri, 7 Aug 1998, Donovan Rebbechi wrote:

>  On 7 Aug 1998 jfm2@club-internet.fr wrote:
>
> [ snip ]
>
> I know it seems odd to reply to a subject line, but I have been
> thinking about something for some time :
>
> You might be aware that rpm now has multi-lingual support. That is,
> you can put in descriptions in several languages. The main point is the
> site uses package descriptions as the main info source. So it  could be
> useful for Foreign language sites.
>
> A good start would be if you could put French descriptions in the
> packages. Also, if we can get a German translater who we can just send our
> descriptions to for translation prior to packaging , that would be good.
>
> Another possibly more modest ambition would be to have people simply write
> foreign language versions of the readme.html files, that way we'd only
> need one piece per page.
>
> Translating the descriptions would be a good project to start some non
> technical people on.
>
> Anyway, starting translating everything at once is too daunting, and
> no one would do it. So instead, better we start small and ask around
> if people can translate the descriptions for the KDE/gnome packages.
>

> --
> Donovan Rebbechi <elflord@pegasus.rutgers.edu>
> http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/
> Web designer for Independence -- Linux for the Masses
> http://www.independence.seul.org/

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@unl.edu.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Centro de Telematica
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Universidad Nacional del Litoral
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Santa Fe - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
"I can attempt anything, specialization is for insects" (50% Heinlein).