Re: KDE-Gnome FAQ

> Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 12:03:38 -0400
> From: Kevin Forge <forgeltd@usa.net>
> Sender: owner-independence-l@independence.seul.org
>
> Roberto Alsina wrote:
> >
> > I basically like it, but...
> >
> > a)  GIMP is not a GNOME app, I believe, I suggest you ask a GIMP
> > developer or something to verify anyway.
>
> I'll ask.

No need.  GIMP was anterior to GTK.  Later once the GIMP rewrote the GIMP
with its own toolkit to replace Motif the Gnome people decided to use GTK
for their peroject because it was the only half decent toolkit to be
GPLed.  So GIMP anterior to GTK and GTK anterior to Gnome.

Present day GIMP doesn't use libgnome.  I know it, I built it.

In the same vein there are Qt-based appliactions who don't belong to
KDE and don't use the KDE libraries.

--
			Jean Francois Martinez

Coordinator for Independence: Linux for the Masses
http://www.independence.seul.org