Re: Report

On 10 Aug 1998 jfm2@club-internet.fr wrote:

> If you go directly to the FTP site (without going) through the web
> server then you don't know why a package is there.  Therefore the idea
> of having a file describing the packages at the top of the ftp tree.

we're better off using the README's to do this, especially since they
are integrated into the website. We simply put an appropriate "README"

The main prob with your suggestion is that the file will be quite
large and people won't bother to read it.

--
Donovan Rebbechi <elflord@pegasus.rutgers.edu>
http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/