Re: True type server

On 23 Aug 1998 jfm2@club-internet.fr wrote:

> X is tragically scarce on half decent fonts.  The fonts problem causes

there's an archive of type1 fonts. I think it's something like
ftp.os2-cdrom.com. I link to it on the web page. I am not clear on how
they are licensed. It seems probable that they are distributable, but I am
not clear on it.

I think we should consider ding some of the following:

(a)	include pointers to places where fonts can be downloaded (there's
a lot of places where you can get fonts off the internet. I already have
links to them on the page)

(b)	pointers to commercial font CDs. You can get ~infinitely many
fonts for about $20- US.

Fonts are a big problem not because of unavailability, but because they
are often distributed without the license, so we can't really distribute
them.

The software that grabs things from our site (and possibly also from some
font archives) would be nice ...

cheers,
--
Donovan Rebbechi <elflord@pegasus.rutgers.edu>