Re: About standards and politics (sorry, I had to fix it :-)

On Sat, 7 Aug 1999, JF Martinez wrote:

> No I have withdrawn the propsal but who cares about proprietary
> Unixes?

It's not just the "proprietry Unixes", it's also the BSDs and all the
linux distros. If linux unilaterally made some moves that deviated a
little from the UNIX standards, maybe it wouldn't be so bad. But I
doubtthat the whole linux world will simoultaneously move in such a way
that would undermine POSIX compliance goals.

> Add to this that most of our target a will never see a propriatary
> Unix in life.

BUt they may will ( will almost certainly ) see another linux
distribution.

--
Donovan