CUPS (was Re: Jetadmin)

JF Martinez wrote:
> How compatible is it with the filter system of lpr and its config
> files?  If it is compatible we could just use "printtool" who makes a
> very decent job at configuring lpr.

CUPS completely replaces lpr with a compatible set of commands (ie using
lpr on the command line is identical, once your printers are set up).
printtool shows the printer name, but the entry cannot be edited with
printtool - trying to edit the entry pops up an error box.  The
/etc/printcap entry is a single line with the name of the printer and
nothing else.  It doesn't seem to be compatible with printtool, so a
different front-end would probably be required.

Brian Wiens