Re: LinNieghborhood 0.4.3

> "R.G. Mayhue" wrote:
> >
> > Maybe this could solve the problem of a good Samba browser that we are
> > looking for.
>
> Just a quick thought; smbmount is one of the most consistent ways of
> acessing samba. It becomes part of the FS, and in GNOME, this should
> give you a drive icon on the desktop. If you make shares user mountable,
> this should work quite nice. Not that I don't encourage a good tool.

One thing is permananent mounts and another one is on the fly mounting
like when someone phones you "hey I have those files for you in my
disk".  I still remeber the loss of face I suffered in front of a
windows user while fiddling with smbmount to access some images
requiring Gimp manipulation.

--
			Jean Francois Martinez

http://www.independence.seul.org