Re: Postfix

On Fri, 18 Feb 2000, Jonathan Veit wrote:

> I program C/C++, I'm teaching myself MFC right now, so I got a pretty good
> handle on the language.  I've looked at Qt before too, however I've never
> really programmed linux seriously and I am some what limit in experience,
> I'm 15 and been programming C/C++ since I was 12.  I've never really been on
> a group project either. I don't know how much I can help but I might as well
> tell you.  However if i were going to help design frontend interfaces I'd be
> happy to except you would really have to pick a specific toolkit so I can
> apply myself to it.

That is where I started Jon, but MFC is no good here. Also C is much
more common in Linux (*INX) programming than C++, but C++ is making a
very strong argument these days! The hardest part of Linux programming
is remembering that it is a multi-user environment with security
measures in place. I have found that good programs require strict
attention to this fact.

So you are coming from about the same posistion I was in a little over
one year ago. A Windows programmer coming into a Linux world. This is
what I had ment in the last post when I referred to someone with more
Linux experiance. But I am confident that you will learn, you have a
very good head start. Heck -- I didn't even start programming at all
untill I was 33 years old!! I wish I would have had the resources
available to me that you have now when I was your age. Your parents must
be proud of you.

Speaking of projects, I have a few on the back burner that your C++
experance would prove very benificial. Stay tuned for details.

Question. I guy like you must have friends, Right?? Anyone of them
know any (language) programming, and would like to join us??

--
R.G. Mayhue