Re: Postfix

> On Sat, 19 Feb 2000, JF Martinez wrote:
> > >
> > > I program C/C++, I'm teaching myself MFC right now, so I got a pretty good
> > > handle on the language.  I've looked at Qt before too, however I've never
> > > really programmed linux seriously and I am some what limit in experience,
> > > I'm 15 and been programming C/C++ since I was 12.  I've never really been on
> > > a group project either. I don't know how much I can help but I might as well
> > > tell you.  However if i were going to help design frontend interfaces I'd be
> > > happy to except you would really have to pick a specific toolkit so I can
> > > apply myself to it.
> > >

> > A configurator does not need speed so if I were you I would use
> > instead a scripting language like Python or Perl (Python best because
> > install uses it and Python is easier) but this is your choice.
> >
> True, but it is faster to write something in a language you are already
> very familiar with. I am currently learning Python, but I would still
> choose C to write a program I would feel comfortable with letting others
> use. But this probably comes from not having any GOOD scripting
> languages available natively under Windows. It is almost always better
> to write a compiled program there.

This is true if you have one program to write.  If you consider an
entire life then it pays to use scripting languages when speed is not
needed.

Also it is ever a source of atonishment when I see Microsoft's former
crown jewel (NT) with basically the same command line than DOS.

--
			Jean Francois Martinez

http://www.independence.seul.org