Re: Delays

> How can we help ?

Someone able to make a better website and/or writing better english than
what I am able to write.

But most help you could bring would be for release two.  I will
install the new web pages for a list of things to do.

Studying the installation and the building of boot/supp disks would be
appreciated.

After release one of the most important tasks will be to rebuild those
apps who are in old versions to newer versions.  For many of them this
is not very difficult:

-You grab the SRPM from belegost.mit.edu
-rpm -U mysrpm
-You move the new source to /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES You edit the SPEC
file in /usr/src/redhat/SPECS changing version numbers and file names
(sometimes we use macros so no need to change file names.  While you
are at it you check for a BuildRoot clause: that means no file will be
altered in your normal environment

-rpm -ba myspecfile
-You upload the new SRPM and the RPMS produced

> [I'm on a PowerMac 7300 with a (very) unstable Redhat 4.0. I'm waiting
> for an upgrade to reinstall properly. Dist 5.0 is expected next month.
> If there's any one running linuxPPC on this list, please let me know.]

At Apple Expo last september I played with a G3 using LInux and it
certainly was not unstable.

--
			Jean Francois Martinez

http://www.independence.seul.org