Re: Logo

In message <199907052228.AAA01577@agnes.faerie.monroyaume>, jfm2@club-internet.fr writes:

>> On Mon, 5 Jul 1999 LocutusPC2@aol.com wrote:
>>
>> > Its not exactly a logo, but...
>> >
>> > http://www.attrition.org/gallery/ms/bmw.jpg
>>
>> I'm running Linux with out X, anybody know of a jpg/gif viewer for the
>> console?
>
>Zgv.  It requires SVGAlib.

Alternatively, the 2.2 kernel supports vesa frame buffers if you've got the
right video card (eg Matrox, I'm not sure about others.) There's an 'fbview'
app on freshmeat. It's pretty bare, but it's well-written in C. When
I didn't have the mpeg lib, I just commented out the section that dealt
with mpeg viewing. (It does mpg, jpg, gif, pnm.) But I think indy has
an mpg lib, so you should be ok there. And the FB concept is really cool --
this whole program is about 200 lines, supporting all of those formats.
(Yeah, yeah, so it relies heavily on the libs. But that's what they're
there for.)

--Roger