Re: fonts, autofs and things

> Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 17:48:08 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Donovan Rebbechi <elflord@pegasus.rutgers.edu>
> Sender: owner-independence-l@independence.seul.org
>
> On Thu, 10 Jun 1999, JF Martinez wrote:
>
> > That is the thing I had forgotten when telling about what I did today:
> > I made an autofs who works out of the box!  :-) Except I mount it on
> > /misc/floppy and /misc/cdrom.  Having people mounting by hand is
>
> Cool. We should probably also have links
> /cdrom->/misc/cdrom
> /floppy -> /misc/floppy
>
> another thing we could do is put a Drives directory in each home
> directory which has symlinks.
>
> BTW, is it feasible to check if the user has a zip drive ? These are
> common.

By looking under /proc/scsi and /proc/ide but this needs to have the
modules inserted

> Another issue: the sndconfig program should possibly be run at install
> time (?)

I have thought on it but the install kernel is crippled and does not
support sound.  In another version it would be possible to hand held
the first login of root in order to make him configure sound and
perhaps other things..

--
			Jean Francois Martinez

http://www.independence.seul.org