Re: the second definitive text of the Announce :)

On Fri, 5 Mar 1999, Eddie Maddox wrote:

> I've been meaning to ask you: Is Amaya (currently 1.4a) better at
> compiling into HTML than Composer, etc?
>
> "http://www.w3.org/amaya"

Amaya is dead AFAIK. It's too buggy. It's html output is also pretty
bad.

Try out webtk. ( I am not sure what it's like though. I am convinced
it
is the best wysiwyg html editor on linux) .

Actually, I'm not a great fan of WYSIWYG html editors ( partly because
WYSIWYG html editor is an oxymoron in itself ... )
However, some of the ones that run on windows are a little less evil
( they allow one to easily switch from source mode to wysiwyg mode )
I think webtk also allows you to do this. This feature is really a
must, as it's important that you can see the code that you are writing
( so that it doesn't look like too much of a mess in the next guy's
browser ... )

cheers,

-- Donovan