Re: [gtj@tesla.net.au: Independence]

> I just received this mail.  One of the nice things in Australia is
> that it is monday before nearly everybody else.
>
> I warned him that this version will be shortlived due to RedHat
> issuing a new version in a few weeks not to mention the fact I don't
> have a CD-R (the later can be solved).

I have a CD writer here (well, a guy who lives 10 feet from me does). If you
provide me with a CD image, I can burn it.

I suppose the other issue is the bigger one, though -- do we expect Redhat
to finish their release (6.0?) on time, and do we expect it to be different
enough that we can't just tell them to plug in the new rpms?

An alternate solution would be to build a CD image somewhere with a fast
connection (like belegost or cran), and then ask them to get it and burn it.
It would be slightly more work for them, but we could then repeat the process
when we/they wanted a new release...

I've cc'ed this to the LSL fellow to spark some faster discussion/answers.

--Roger