Re: Documentation

> >But the idea of having the doc browser in the desktop of the person
> >using X first time is a very good idea I will try to implement.
>
>    I have some thoughts on a few easy ways to do this.  First, is to
> setup a link to the KDE help in the autostart folder of the default
> desktop.  Or a script that launches it once, and then deletes itself.

I would get confused if something was launched the first time I started
X and then I never saw it again and had no idea how to get it back. How
about a little "click here if you don't want this to autostart next time"
button? Seems that would give the users more control over their own
destiny...

>    As for the docs themselves, I am working on them now.  First is a
> quick start guide.  I will need some screen shots, however, and I don't

http://www.computerbank.org.au/perth/doco/introcompandlinux-0.03.html is
something the computerbank project is building. might want to contact the
author and offer to collaborate if it's something you might get something
out of. i think computerbank is a neat project, so i'm following along with
it (and i'm also hosting their archives, www.seul.org/archives/computerbank/)

> know how to get screenshots of an install.  Any hints?  After I have a
> Quick start series, I can start a Quick Admin series with things like
> how to add users.  Installing applications.  Speaking of which; Is there

there are many many documents out there already that detail this. coming
up with a list of them and evaluating them might be a good project.

> some reason we can't include a copy of Star Office?

proprietary license -- even redhat can't include it. the best we can do,
legally, is to provide the staroffice-wrapper rpm, along with instructions
for how to get the actual rpm. it's actually pretty automated, but it's still
a pain.

> 			Lee

--roger